Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
2. Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
3. Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
4. Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of executives (IT, Marketing, Sales, and Finance etc.)
5. Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
6. Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
7. Write and submit reports to the CEO in all matters of importance
8. Assist CEO in fundraising ventures
9. Participate in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.)
10. Manage relationships with partners/vendors
11. Measures effectiveness and efficiency of operational processes both internally and externally and finds ways to improve processes
12. Develops and implements growth strategies
13. Acts as a liaison between company and client for quality assurance
14. Raises capital through banks or outside investors to help foster growth or obtain sales goals
15. Provides mentoring to all employees, including management
16. Motivates staff to meet or surpass organizational and sales goals
17. Coordinates with human resources department to recruit skilled talent and keep the best employees
18. Oversees daily operations and makes adjustments as necessary
19. Presents new ideas and cash flow strategies to board of directors and other company officers
20. Directs acquisitions and sales of assets to meet organization goals
21. Evaluates newly implemented sales plans
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
BSc (Business Administration/Related Discipline) from a reputable institution.
MBA or M.Sc. a plus
Professional Membership (IoD, NIM etc.)
Minimum of 8- 10 years relevant experience in Commodity export at a senior management level in a reputable similar company.
Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, marketing etc.
Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
Experience in fundraising will be a plus
Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office
Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
Liaise with the clients on export operations issues; attend operations performance review meetings with clients to ascertain excellent service delivery to clients
Increase efficiency in the overall organization’s business operation
Achievement of the organization’s budget figures
Provide Training, motivation, and direction of export operations
Provide Leadership in the development and sustenance of skills, competencies and capability within the business operations divisions
Ensure that all key operating personnel meet the required competency standards and are competent to carry out their duties.
Develop company export/logistics policies, procedures, guidelines, standing orders and specific operational guidelines and ensure they are being adhered to.
Monitoring operations and ensure excellent Quality Management System in accordance with ISO Regulations.
Salary is very competitive