Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Assist in developing a viable strategic plan/budget for achieving the department’s short and long term goals
2. Drive the implementation of the strategic plan and prepare periodic situation reports on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
3. Maintain appropriate systems for ensuring that accounting records are kept of all the company’s transactions and accurate management reports are generated and reported
4. Assist in maintaining appropriate and effective system of controls over all the business processes
5. Assist in developing and implementing effective financial management strategy, Fixed Assets, tax planning and financial/accounting controls
6. Assist in developing and maintaining an effective financial information system that enables the production of periodic financial and management reports as required
7. Participate in defining, manage and ensure that the Accounting policies to be adopted by the organization and accounting processes/procedures are effective and comply with regulatory and statutory requirements.
8. Maintaining appropriate systems ensuring that financial records are kept for all the company’s transactions and accurate financial statements and reports are generated and reported in accordance with GAAP and other statements of accounting standards (IFRS)
9. Prepare profit and loss statements and monthly closing and management accounting reports and schedules.
10. Compile and analyze financial information to post entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transaction.
11. Monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness.
12. Participate in Planning & coordinating activities of statutory examiners (e.g. external auditors, Internal Revenue Service etc).
13. Interact with internal and external auditors in completing audits.
14. Assist in defining taxation requirements and ensure that the structure of the General Ledger supports these requirements
15. Oversee vendors billing, and management of Accounts Payables and payment processes
16. Review expenses, vendor invoices and other accounting document.
17. Monitor compliance with internal control procedures on a day-to-day basis
18. Maintaining adequate framework including appropriate policies and procedures to ensure quality and accuracy for recording, accounting and reporting customer/business transactions information and documentation
19. Liaise with the statutory authorities in manage all taxes and tax-related activities
20. Manage stocks and all stocks related issues
21. Oversee billing, and management of Accounts Receivable and collections processes
22. Supervise and Review payroll, and ensure the monthly salary schedule and the required statutory Tax, NSITF and Pension deductions are promptly remitted to respective statutory bodies
23. Monitor compliance with internal control procedures on a day-to-day basis
24. Prepare daily, weekly ,monthly ,quarterly and annual reports for the management
BSc (Accounting/Finance/Related Discipline),
MBA or M.Sc. Finance/Strategy
4-5 Years’ Experience in similar role
The Financial Manager must have experience in both financial and capital markets transactions, financial securities, international finance and taxation, banking/financial services, tax matters, regulatory requirements and business analysis. This expert also must have statistical, mathematical and financial statement analysis skills.
He/she shall be responsible for preparing and reporting accurate and complete financial statements that comply with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), regulatory policies and industry guidelines.
He/she will evaluate the organization’s operating data, assess business data and performance as well as determine proper levels of “working capital” and “capital structure” ratios.
Lead time for monthly and annual management account preparation, presentation and approval
Accuracy and timeliness of financial reports
Effectiveness of financial management initiatives
Planned Budget / Actual Operating Cost
Timeliness/Accuracy of cash forecasts and funding estimates.
Annual Strategic Planning:
This role involves putting in place financial and tax planning strategies that will drive profitability and superior returns for the company as well as constantly assessing the organizations strengths to take advantage of opportunities and mitigate threats within the business environment.