Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Monitor the activities of suppliers and agents closely to ensure proper documentation in conformance with global trade standards.
• Understanding of other Supply Chain processes especially in a raw material export business
• Plan and schedule the exportation of raw materials products of the company
• Complete documentation for exportation, shipping and custom clearance
• Plan and coordinate the international shipment of goods
• Negotiate with shippers, agents and vendors
• Keep track of invoices and prepare reports to expedite the billing process
• Ensure that shipments are in compliance with the laws and regulations governing the export industry
• Manage 3rd party logistics service providers and ensure that the costs, service level and relationship are maintained at the desired level.
• Coordinate demand to ensure physical stock availability and operational systems to meet all demands.
• Manage relationship and interface with third parties and statutory agencies.
• Optimize outbound logistics costs and ensure 3LSP comply with the company set rules as well as the legal requirements.
• Document preparation for export process and coordinate the resolution of customer complaints.
• Stock availability at the customers end with appropriate replenishment mechanism.
• Cost management and reporting.
• Manage relationship with shipping companies, custom agents and regulatory bodies.
• Liaise effectively with government agencies like SON etc. to secure relevant permits and approval.
• Coordinate and ensure on time delivery at specified locations.
• Monitor logistics database and network in line with company requirements.
• Efficient evaluation of end to end cost as it affects inbound logistics.
• Managing changes in Harmonized Tariff Systems, Trade agreements & Subsidies.
• BSc (Business Admin/Supply Chain Management/Related Discipline),
• Membership with relevant professional bodies
• Minimum of 7 years work experience, with 3 years in similar role.
• Knowledge of trade finance, logistics, supply chain management, clearing and shipping documentation.
• Existing relationship with NEXIM, NEPC, etc. is an advantage.
• Sufficient knowledge of export laws and documentation shipping and logistics.
• Solid network of distributors pan Africa.
• Good communication Skills.
• Good analytical and vendor management skill.
• Negotiation skills.
• Advanced Excel, Word and basic PowerPoint.
• Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer services
• Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle
• Liaise and negotiate with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers and consumers
• Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
• Arrange warehouse, catalog goods, plan routes and process shipments
• Resolve any arising problems or complaints
• Supervise, coach and train warehouse workforce
• Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
• Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements
Annual Strategic Planning:
• Providing effective support to management on the review and evaluation of management performance using the business performance report for achievement of business objectives, as well as the achievement of the overall organizational objective.