Pivotage Consulting – Our client, a full-service logistics company, with a specialty in air/sea freight forwarding with International standards, reputable image, high professionalism and consistent quality of service; is currently seeking to grow its team by hiring qualified personnel for the position below:
Location: GRA, Port Harcourt.
Type: Full Time
Job Title: Accountant.
Job Category: Mid-Level.
• Ensuring compliance with existing accounting policies and standard accounting practices in the company’s policies.
• Ensuring production and review of monthly management accounts and associated reconciliations within the specified monthly deadlines.
• Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports.
• Assist senior accountants in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings.
• Processing payment schedules, vouchers and updating account payable.
• Maintaining creditors’ records for the company, creating and sending out invoices, managing accounts, and tracking inventory.
• Processing invoices in the accounting system to customers’ suppliers and other clients.
• Ensuring timely and accurate recording of the company’s financial transactions.
• Coordinating bank reconciliation
• Reconciling supplier statements and preparing payment schedules.
• Ensuring accurate maintenance of the company’s general ledgers
• Matching invoices for approval or request as applicable.
• Handling all tax filings of the company.
• Assisting with reviewing of expenses, payroll records, etc. as assigned
Note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Must possess the integrity to uphold best practices and retain transparent records.
• Very Organized/ Perfectionist.
• Must have an aptitude for numbers and calculation.
• Must possess good rapport, time management, excellent negotiation, strongly analytical, and organizational skill.
• Must be a good team player with commendable Interpersonal skills.
• Must possess the ability to use accounting software as well as computer software to input and amend data and records.
• Must have strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen.
• Must be detail-oriented to be able to input data accurately and to recognize any errors they or others may have made.
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree in any accounting discipline or related field.
• Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
• 3 – 5 years of core working experience.
• Easy commute to GRA.
• Must be ICAN certified.
• Must possess ACA/ACCA certification (added advantage)
• Good knowledge of SAGE and QuickBooks is an advantage.
• Experience & exposure to accounting software
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Strong analysis, critical thinking, and evaluation abilities.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Using the role “Accountant (Mid-Level)” as the subject of your application, kindly send your CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org (Please ensure CVs are in MS Word format only).
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
20th May, 2020.