Pivotage Consulting – Our client a full-service loan and credit institution is currently seeking to grow its team by hiring an experienced Senior Data Analyst.
Type: Full Time
Job Title: Senior Data Analyst.
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos State, Nigeria.
We are looking for someone with strong business acumen, as well as an ability to communicate findings and mind vast amounts of data for useful insights. Do you have the technical prowess to build tools that will help us automate lending decisions and develop reporting dashboards that will be helpful in effectively overseeing the business?
Can you use combined knowledge of computer science and applications, modeling, statistics, analytics, and maths to solve problems and find areas of potential growth?
• Recruiting, training, and leading a team of data scientists.
• Managing the company’s data science strategy.
• Establishing new systems and processes and look for opportunities to improve the flow of data.
• Evaluating new and emerging technologies.
• Representing the company at external events and conferences.
• Building and developing relationships with clients.
• Working closely with stakeholders to identify issues and use data to propose solutions for effective decision making.
• Building algorithms and design experiments to merge, manage, interrogate, and extract data to supply tailored reports to colleagues, customers, or the wider organization.
• Using machine learning tools and statistical techniques to produce solutions to problems.
• Testing data mining models to select the most appropriate ones for use on a project.
• Maintaining clear and coherent communication, both verbal and written, to understand data needs and report results.
• Creating clear reports that tell compelling stories about how customers or clients work with the business.
• Assessing the effectiveness of data sources and data-gathering techniques and improve data collection methods.
• Conducting research from which you’ll develop prototypes and proof of concepts.
• Looking for opportunities to use insights/datasets/code/models across other functions in the organization (for example in the collections and marketing departments).
• Staying curious and enthusiastic about using algorithms to solve problems and enthuse others to see the benefit of your work.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
• A Bachelor’s degree level in STEM (e.g. Statistics, Maths, Business Administration, physics, engineering, or computer science).
• Qualification: a post-graduate qualification in big data or business/data analytics or data science.
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Extensive experience with data warehouse reporting systems using Power BI report writing.
• Advanced skills in Excel.
• Strong mathematical skills, with the ability to organize, analyze, and disseminate large volumes of data with a high focus on attention to detail and accuracy.
• Good interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate effectively.
• Solid MSSQL experience:
o 2016 or above
o Tabular model cubes / DAX language
• An analytical mind set.
• Data modeling.
• Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI).
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Relevant work experience, with a focus on business analysis.
• Experience in working within the financial industry.
• Able to manage a body of work with shifting priorities.
• Professional curiosity.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
14TH June, 2020.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Using the role SENIOR DATA ANALYST as the subject of your application, kindly send your CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org (Please ensure CVs are in MS Word format only).