Pivotage Consulting – Our client, one of the world’s leading insurers and asset managers with more than 92 million retail and corporate customers. With a broad range of personal and corporate insurance services, ranging from property, life, and health insurance to assistance services to credit insurance and global business insurance is looking to engage a Head, Human Resources.
Type: Full Time
Job Title: Head, Human Resources.
Location: Victoria Island Lagos State, Nigeria.
Reports to: Group Head Corporate Services
The Head of Human Resources will be responsible and accountable for the development and execution of HR systems, policies, frameworks/structures, and processes to assist departments and individual teams to achieve their strategic objectives.
– He/she has responsibility for all people based activity within the organization from both an operational and strategic perspective.
– The Head, Human resources will also be involved in areas such as resource planning, recruitment, training, and compensation and is the first point of contact for all employee-related issues.
• Developing and implementing HR strategies and initiatives aligned with overall business strategy.
• Bridging management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances, and other issues.
• Managing and creating activities that retain employees within the organization, aware of the company’s competitiveness and employees career path
• Managing policies that aim to maximize the workforce and the company’s performance.
• Implementing activities where the functional teams and HR work together to set rewards and incentives to reach a common goal or outcome.
• Maintaining and keeping a check on the minimum standards of environment, health, and safety rules of the organization.
• Managing the recruitment and selection process.
• Developing and monitoring overall HR strategies, systems, and procedures across the organization.
• Developing and implementing a performance management system that best suits the organization.
• Nurturing a positive working environment.
• Developing a reward and compensation plan.
• Assessing training needs to apply and monitoring training programs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Must have administrative Writing Skills
• Diligent and firm with high ethical standards has a sense of confidentiality
• Must have decision-making skills, Organizational skills, Training, and developmental skills.
• Maintaining Employee Files and Records,
• Must have good budgeting skills, Compensation and Wage Planning & Benefits Administration,
• Must have good organizational skills and teamwork.
• First degree or it’s equivalent from a reputable university.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, or a related field. (Master’s degree added advantage)
• 5-8 years’ experience in HR or relevant role.
• Good knowledge of the labor code and HR regulations.
• Strong understanding of leading HR best practices and industry trends.
• HR qualifications (e.g. CIPM, CIPD, SHRM, etc.) desirable but not compulsory.
• Extensive relevant experience (generalist or specialist) is required.
• Strong knowledge of recruitment practices, metrics, and guidelines.
• Must be confident and very well presentable.
• Must be a good team player.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Using the role Head, Human Resources as the subject of your application, kindly send your CV only to email@example.com (Please ensure CVs are in MS Word format only).
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
10th July 2020.