Pivotage Consulting – Our client an agribusiness start-up focussed at solving the food poverty crisis across Africa. Its vision is to become one of the leading privately-owned livestock farms in Nigeria renowned for the quality and quantity of agricultural produce, products, and services; job creation, and involvement in corporate social responsibilities.
Type: Full Time
Job Title: Agriculture General Manager.
Location: Ogun State, Nigeria.
We are looking for a team player with extensive experience in developing and running a livestock farm with hand-on experience in fishing and poultry farming.
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the development of farming development in Ogun State and effectively running the farm as the general manager.
• Overseeing the effective and successful development of the farming facility.
• Planning and implementing breeding programs.
• Implementing new technology that minimizes cost and enhances yield.
• Recruiting and managing staff and ensuring they work safely and effectively.
• Managing cash flow and developing and monitoring budgets.
• Monitoring the health and welfare of the livestock.
• organizing marketing and sale of livestock, farm equipment, crops, and agricultural products
• Negotiating with suppliers.
• Handling paperwork and keeping administrative records.
• Ensuring compliance with government regulations.
• Keeping an up-to-date knowledge of pests and diseases.
• Ensuring that the farm is profitable and meets projected financial targets.
• Organizing maintenance/repair of farm property, equipment, and machinery.
• Keeping records on the movements of all livestock in to and out from the farm.
• Advertising and marketing farm products.
• Managing any farm diversification activities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
• A foundation degree/HND in an agricultural, horticultural, land, or animal-related subject will be beneficial.
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Analytical skills
• Commercial awareness
• IT skills
• The ability to apply technical knowledge of the environment and legislation/public policy matters in a practical environment
• Marketing and sales skills
• Teamwork and leadership
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
20TH July 2020.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Using the role AGRICULTURE GENERAL MANAGER as the subject of your application, kindly send your CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org (Please ensure CVs are in MS Word format only).