Pivotage Consulting – Our client, a Nigerian manufacturer of cookies and snacks, committed to producing innovative products using state of the art machinery and engineering that guarantees only quality products is currently seeking to grow its team by hiring a Chief Engineer.
Location: Agbara, Ogun State.
Type: Full Time
Salary: Very Attractive
Job Title: Chief Engineer.
Job Category: Experienced
The Chief Engineer will be responsible for supervising the machine operators in the daily factory process operations which include process control, quality control, production control, water treatment, effluent treatment, occupational safety and housekeeping matters, adherence to company and industry standards, adherence to safety rules and regulations.
• Establishing and implementing preventive and corrective maintenance for equipment, carry out project design & implementation and partner with procurement unit to ensure availability of engineering spare parts.
• Driving the economies of scale across all the processing facilities under the Group by sourcing the right Spare Parts, Raw materials, Packaging materials, and Machine tools.
• Supervising the installation of the equipment or the manufacturing process of a product
• Delegating tasks as necessary to the engineering team
• Coordinating the engineering team, assigning short and long term goals for successful completion of the project’s plans.
• Ensuring the safety of the worksite during the course of development.
• Reviewing safety standards for the finished product.
• Making sure all projects and undertakings stay on budget and within the projected time schedule.
• Managing the engineering team and oversees the training of new employees.
• Allocating resources effectively including personnel, materials, and time.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• Candidates should possess B.Eng., with at least 10 years verifiable hands-on engineering experience in the Biscuit Company / Manufacturing industry.
• Candidates must possess excellent planning, analytical and strong people leadership skills.
• Possession of MBA and Membership of COREN would be an added advantage.
• Mechanical Engineering background with knowledge of electrical maintenance.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send their CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org. Using “Chief Engineer” as the subject of your application (Please ensure CVs are in MS Word format only).
Application Closing Date
11th September, 2020.