Pivotage Consulting – Our client, a Nigerian manufacturer of cookies and snacks, committed to producing innovative products using state of the art machinery and engineering that guarantees only quality products is currently seeking to grow its team by hiring an Assistant Chief Engineer.
Location: Agbara, Ogun State.
Type: Full Time
Job Title: Assistant Chief Engineer.
Job Category: Experienced
The Assistant Chief Engineer will be responsible for supervising the machine operators in the daily factory process operations which include process control, quality control, production control, water treatment, effluent treatment, occupational safety, and housekeeping matters, adherence to company and industry standards, adherence to safety rules and regulations.
• Inspecting parts with precision and measuring tools.
• Testing operation of machines periodically.
• Fixing issues that might occur during the shift.
• Checking output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws.
• Keeping records of approved and defective units or final products.
• Keeping records of their output and compare it with the production schedule.
• Preparing daily reports and ensure Machine Operator’s logbook is filled for proper shift handover.
• Issuing Permit to Work for maintenance crew before any maintenance work is done in the processing plant.
• Supervising a team of workers, arrange their shifts, and train them to work safely.
• Implementing preventive maintenance program for all plant and machinery.
• Conducting daily briefings for all subordinates before starting work.
• Ensuring all the Standard Operating Procedures are followed.
• Complying with all statutory requirements & regulations.
• Any other duties delegated by the Chief Engineer.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• Degree in Electrical Engineering, or any related field.
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience working in a biscuit company/manufacturing company.
• Solid Technical Background with understanding or hands-on experience in a Manufacturing company.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send their CV’s to email@example.com. Using “Assistant Chief Engineer” as the subject of your application (Please ensure CVs are in MS Word format only).
Application Closing Date
11th September 2020.